I used to send birthday cards to everyone. Cousins, uncles, aunts, friends, etc. That was before I had four kids. I started tappering off the card sending to the third cousins a couple of years ago. It's not that I didn't want to, I just couldn't keep up and to tell you the truth trying was too difficult especially since no one ever sent my kids birthday cards.
But living out of state, I still wanted my family to know I cared about them. Then I rediscovered this or this. I would send the occassional email card here and there, but then I realized I could pre date the cards to send on my loved ones birthday. So in a couple of hours, I picked out cards for most of my family and if they keep the same email address, it will be sent atomatically on their birthday. I even get a reminded email telling me the card was sent.
Free computer cards. Send them and forget them! It works for me!
Visit Shannon for more great ideas.
8 comments:
I use dayspring.com. I love being able to go in once a month and pick out cards for folks. It works great!
Great idea, thanks! Happy Wednesday - our tip is up as well!
I do this, too. We have a huge extended family, so it's nice to not have to go buy $2.99 cards for every single person.
Another benefit is that if you find out a friend is having a rough time, you can send them an e-card that very day - they don't have to wait 2 days to get it.
That's a great reminder. I'm always burning the midnight oil (aka Amazon giftcard) for gifts. I need to get better about sending cards "just because." Thanks, Gina!
Quite the money saver, as well! I also put all my birthdays & anniversaries in my phone - I set it to "buzz me" the morning of the special day so that I can either follow up with a phone call or a personal email. I'd never remember them all otherwise!
Very good idea especially for family that lives far away and that you don't get to talk to that often!
I use hallmark.com all the time, it IS such a great way to send out cards!
Oh man, I'm going to rock the boat. I won't say "hate" but I really dislike getting email cards. For one thing, they take too much time to open up. It's nice to be thought of, but I'd MUCH rather an email to my inbox with three lines of "Happy birthday, I'm thinking of you today and here's a little about me and mine..."
I'm also one of those who can't stand forwards unless they're REALLY REALLY good...I'd rather "waste time" blogging! Lol.
Post a Comment